Special rates are offered for public, private or home-school groups, consisting of students, teachers, and chaperones.
The school group must visit the park during the academic school year.
• March 18– June 10, 2019: Monday - Friday only.
• August 19 – November 27, 2019: Monday - Friday only.
To receive School Group rates, your visit should be scheduled 4-6 weeks in advance. Group Rate applies to groups of 15+
School Group Tours
60 minute guided Safari Wagon Tour. Wagons can hold 35 students total and adults.
We can accommodate most group sizes with our multiple wagons.
Teachers/Bus drivers: FREE
- 1/2 bucket of feed for each person.
- Wagon tours include SOL based animal information, presented by our knowledgeable drivers.
- Visit the Village Walk-Thru, Giraffe Feeding Station, Petting Area, and other animal exhibits.
- Use of covered picnic pavilion and restrooms.
- Trading Post Gift Shop - gifts and souvenirs to fit any student's budget.
Wagon Tour Times:
10:15am, 11:30am, 1:00pm, 3:00pm Mon - Fri.
School Lunch Packages Available
Specially priced school lunches are available through our Watering Hole Cafe (when booked in advance).
Schedule Your School Group
Email reservation questions and requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What to include in your email:
Name of school
Name of contact
Number of participants
Date(s) of the proposed trip (backup dates are helpful)
Preferred times (not always available)
To schedule your visit, please contact us at (540) 291-3205, extension 106; Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm.
We recommend making reservations well in advance, as our school group tour slots fill quickly.
Homeschool Groups...Special Homeschool Group Priced Days
Homeschoolers, enjoy a special homeschool rate on the following days: April 1st and October 9th, 2019.
Join us for a full day of fun with animal talks, hands-on learning and meet-and-greets with your favorite animal ambassadors!
No need to pre-book your school group, just show up and join the fun!
Homeschool Students: $10.00
Homeschool Chaperones: $16.00