Experience a Budgie Adventure!
Walk into our special free flight aviary and let the adventure begin! You can feed these gentle, colorful birds as they perch on your hand.
*Budgie Feed Sticks are available at the Safari Gift Shop or Snack Bar for $1 each. Open daily from 10am until one hour prior to closing.
Did You Know?
- Due to their gentle nature and small size, budgies are the most popular pet bird in the world!
- Australian farmers sometimes consider budgies to be pests, since they can travel in large flocks and raid crops.
- Budgies, like all parrots, have two toes that face forward and two that face backwards!
- Boy or Girl? Look at the area where the nostrils are located. If that area is blue it is a boy, if it is brown or tan it is a girl.
- Budgies have between 2,000 and 3,000 specialized feathers on their bodies! Each type of feather has an important job to do; from helping the budgie fly, to keeping it warm.
- On average, a budgie takes 65 to 85 breaths per minute!